11 May 2008

The Gudgeon of McSherry's Paris Show

I was invited to show in this year's Alliances en Résonance, held in the Alliance Française in the centre of Paris. Also showing will be Giles Norman, the Kinsale-based photographer. Representing other artistic disciplines will be The Walls and poet, Paul Muldoon.

I created several new pieces -you can see them if you download the catalogue of my work here
The general theme is built around my other passion, namely Irish traditional music. All the names are taken from the canon of tunes. It has always interested and delighted me that the names of tunes are an almost separate entity from the tunes themselves [save for some, for example, Roudledum, which is a verbal expression of the slip-jig rhythm]. The Gudgeon of Maurice's Car, however, must recall some incident which is lost to memory, unless someone can remind us? Do cars still have gudgeons?

The event is an invitation to Paris and the promotion of Irish Artists throughout a week of Irish Cultural Events organised by the Fondation Alliance Française and the Alliance Française Dublin. Its aim is to broaden and enhance the long-standing friendship that exists between Ireland, France and other French-speaking countries of the world. It helps to enrich the knowledge of the respective Arts.

The event take place from the 20th to 25th of May 2008. Vive l'Alliance Française!

4 comments:

rodge said...

good stuff Kev. You must have good contacts with les fraincais hmm hmm.
btw why have you substituted that baldy guy with the piles lotion for your mug?

Kevo said...

Hi Rodge. Thanks for that. As for the baldy guy, I don't know why I bothered. It was a cartoon from early on in my career. A time I thought that I'd earn a living from cartooning. It didn't last long. I looked up that french museum you mentioned last time we met and I couldn't find it. Do you have any contact details?
Kev

Kevo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rodge said...

Here's the link
http://www.bdic.fr/page.php?id_page=125